Thursday, February 11, 2010

my mouth

Peggy’s Prompt---my mouth tastes like---15min.

My mouth tastes like Eclipse wintermint gum, or at least it does to me. I have no idea what it might taste like to someone kissing me, or doing dental work on my teeth. It’s nowadays much more likely to have dental work done than be kissed. Let’s see, when was the last time I was kissed, as in kissed so that my mouth could be tasted. I’m not sure my memory goes back that far. I was a big fan of kissing in my high school and college years. That was before “hooking up” became the standard in dating, and kissing wasn’t even done on the first date—usually. Like many if not most females, I liked/like the build-up, what’s so crassly called foreplay, which somehow reminds me of foreskin, which doesn’t seem romantic or even sexy. Anyhow, I liked “making out”, the slow teasing arousal that preceded “heavy petting”, which I was much more ambivalent about, so by today’s standards I would be considered outright prudish. And of course “heavy petting” preceded “going all the way” which was as dangerous as it sounds. For lots of reasons. Possible pregnancy (this was pre-birth control pills, and guys didn’t all carry condoms in their wallets). Possible STD (which we called VD). Possible damage to reputation, which was probable, especially in high school. Possible damaged psyche, especially if the other partner turned out to be in it for the thrill and not for the long run. So there was a lot at stake. Which partially explains why I liked “making out”. Far less dangerous, at least to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home